Match day three of the MTN FAZ super league has produced some intriguing results with a total of 21 goals, four away wins and and 4 draws. The early kick off saw league leaders Nkana easing through Mufulira Blackpool with a 3 : 1 win to maintain what most soccer fans perceive to be the best start for Nkana.
Goals from Jacob Ngulube with a brace and Freddie Tshimenga were enough for the Wusakile side to collect maximum points. This start by Nkana will easy Aggrey Chiyangi side pressure to fight for the championship this season.
At the same venue Arthur Davies stadium, Power Dynamos coach Tenant Chilumba gave his team`s supporters with doubts about his capacity to bring the league silverware when his team recorded a second consecutive lose going down 1 : 2 to defending league champions and fierce rivals Zesco United.
Power were stunned with two quick goals from Idris Mbombo and Kenyan striker Jesse Jackson Were. Power only got a consolation in the 93min by Martin Phiri.
The result has sparked massive speculations about the coach`s future at Arthur Davies and inconsistence in team selection. Power supporters have complained about why the in-form Kelvin Kampamba Mubanga was left on the bench. The player with statistics of having assisted Power with four goals this season.
Now that Power`s next fixture is away to Zanaco’s Sunset, Power seems to plunge further away from sunshine to face more difficulty as they face the strong and articulate Zanaco.
- Surprise package, Lumwana Radiant recorded their first win of the 2016 campaign after they beat Forest Rangers 2 : 1 in Ndola.
- Another new outfit, Lusaka Tigers stunned Lusaka Dynamos by a lone goal to register their second win in this campaign. Thanks to Simutowe Junior for the only goal.
- Red Arrows again were held by NAPSA Stars with a 1 all draw. Shadreck Malambo goal was enough to rescue the Zambia Air Force team with a draw after Lewis Macha has put the visiting team ahead.
- In Choma, Spencer Sautu was on target for Green Eagles but the goal was not enough to beat Mufulira Wanderers who managed to salvage a draw with Joseph Kasongo`s goal.
- In Lusaka Nkwazi failed to collect maximum points at home as they were held to a 1 all draw to Nakambala Leopards. Goals came from Justin Shonga for Nkwazi and former Zanaco striker Venacious Mapande for Nakambala.
- Nchanga Rangers were beaten by CAF representatives, Zanaco football club by 2 goals to nil. Charles Zulu opened the scores but only Kamuzati Kabwe could easy Zanaco`s job by scoring an own goal.
- Kabwe Warriors hosted Green Buffaloes and the result was 1 : 1. Next Kabwe Warriors face Nkana football club. Last time the two teams met game was abandoned at Railway “Ucar” Stadium in Kabwe after fans threw projectiles into the pitch for bad officiating while Nkana was leading by a goal.